Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quick OB update

Just wanted to write a quick update from today- I had an appt with my OB and she reassured me everything looked great with my cervix thus far from my last US 2 weeks ago. I have another US on thursday to take a look one last time at my cervix as well as the growth of the baby. She did say she wanted to see me every 2 weeks to keep a close eye on things since I have a very good chance of delivering this baby between 34-38 weeks. Let's just pray I can keep him in there for as long as possible!!! She thinks the possibility of delivering early is very high because of my uterus shape.

I also think I had my first experience with braxton-hicks contractions today. As I was treating I felt a very sharp pain on my right side and then my stomach became rock solid. I know it isn't rock solid right now :) so I figured something was happening. She just encouraged me to try to take it easy (hard to do working with kids and getting on and off the floor about a 100 times a day) and to exercise with less intensity. Something else I'll have to get used to but I did good today! It's hard to walk leisurely on the treadmill when you're used to running 4-5 miles but I know it's best for me and baby so of course I walk leisurely! There will be plenty of time for running in the future...maybe :) I will see maternal fetal medicine on thursday and hope to have another update then and we're hoping to see the baby a little better this time since we're checking on his growth!

I am trying to finish registering as well and I think we're going to go this weekend to pick out paint colors for the nursery. I'm very excited to see how it all looks and comes together. I'm not sure Dennis is so excited about painting but we only have a few weekends where we'll be home to even work on the nursery.

I'm sure I'll update thursday and hopefully post more belly pics then as well.

No comments: