Tuesday, April 14, 2009

60% effaced, 1cm dilated

I had my OB appt today. The non stress test went well- he was moving like crazy again and relocating his little bottom from right side to left side the entire time! They were happy with that but wanted to do an US to check fluid levels, etc. That came back great as well. The Dr. showed me his little face and it almost looked 3D- you could see his eyes, nose, etc. It was very different than the "alien" looking face from a few months back. Good to see the little man doing well inside still. Then she did a quick check and said I was still about 60% effaced and 1cm dilated. so- I suppose that's a positive thing being that I'm beginning to dilate but I know you can stay that way for a while! I did ask her how far past your due date they typically let you go and she said usually about a week but with everything going on with me they tend to deliver between 39-40 weeks. UNLESS- the baby looks good on the non stress test and the fluid levels still look good. So- it will depend more on friday's appt and next tuesdays appt (considering I don't deliver before next week!). We'll just have to play it by ear and take it 1 appt at a time to see how the baby is doing. If it looks like the fluid is decreasing or he's not responding well to the non stress test she said they might have to induce me. So- only time will tell but I will be 38 weeks tomorrow so I am very happy at the way things have gone! Just very excited and anxious now to meet our little man! I can't believe how time has flown by!! We'll keep you posted and try to take belly pictures either tomorrow or thursday! Have a great rest of the week. Hopefully this weather will be warming up and the sun will shine before the week is over.

No comments: