Love this pose- he naps all the time with his hands up by his face...hates for them to be swaddled- just like Parker was! Thursday, March 31, 2011
Carter James Palcisko
Carter James is here! he made his arrival on 3/15/11 at 10:43am and weighed in at 7lb 14.5oz, 20 in long! I really didn't think I could carry a baby over 7lbs! He is doing pretty well with the exception of possible reflux and some belly issues. I haven't been eating anything with milk in it though to give him a good start and so far it seems to be paying off for the most part. he is a good eater and is nursing well which is so helpful around here! He is sleeping for 1- 1 1/2 hours at nighttime but would probably sleep longer except I'm trying to keep him upright for a good 20-30minutes after he eats since he has been experiencing some arching which could be reflux. Sometimes I fall asleep with him too in the upright position since I have been so tired. Overall though he's a good baby- cries when he's hungry, or tired and when he's having belly pains. He poos like a champ! At least 10-14x/day...this is another reason why he doesn't always get a lot of sleep. He'll eat, arch, fall asleep, then poop! So- I have to wake him up to change his diaper and then he's awake again and sometimes ready to eat! I guess it's a good thing his bowels are working as they should..right :) Parker is adjusting to him. He's lately been wanting to kiss his head and touch him alot. which is so sweet and cute except Parker was up throwing up on Tuesday night and I'm trying to keep the germs to a minimum...if that's even possible! He is calling him "honey" which came out of nowhere and is SO CUTE but I think I call Carter honey a lot and don't realize it so Parker has picked up on that! YEAH!! More spontaneous words!! I am still adjusting as well. I think Dennis is doing better than I am with this but I'm just feeling guilty not being able to do as much with Parker as I used to. 1- because there is a new born to take care of and feed and 2- I just physically can't do it right now after the c-section. I try to do too much and I can feel it and pay for it later. Parker has become accustomed to Daddy very well lately and is his little shadow so that makes me feel better! Parker and Daddy have been playing alot of hockey and basketball lately...can't wait for the weather to break so they can play outside and not inside all the time! You really have to watch that hockey stick around the baby :) Shortly after he was born
Taken on my phone- he was very alert!
Love this pose- he naps all the time with his hands up by his face...hates for them to be swaddled- just like Parker was!
Parker and Carter checking each other out!
Look at those cheeks!
What a natural! She is in love with him!! Can't get enough of Carter! Just love her to pieces!
The 3 of us- Parker wasn't at the hospital yet but we weren't able to get a good family photo yet..you know how it is with a 2 year old! The camera comes out and they turn away!
Daddy and Carter after he was born
BIG BLUE EYES!
Love this pose- he naps all the time with his hands up by his face...hates for them to be swaddled- just like Parker was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment