He has shown some signs of an intolerance or sensitivity to something I just don't know what yet since I haven't had any milk. It could be the soy since I've let that slip a bit. he arches like crazy usually after he eats and is tryin got burp so I'm not sure if he's arching from reflux or because he can't get a burp out. hard to say-I'm taking it a day at a time and watching him closely. I bought a yogurt to try with him but I'm scared to try it and think I'll wait another week or so. We shall see. He does have a fairly easy going temperament though andusually cries when his belly is aching, he's hungry, or has a poopy diaper. This child poops like no other! we've gone through a lot more diapers this round than we ever did with Parker!
He's holding his head up on his belly pretty well and has actually rolled over from his belly to his back for me! I wasn't even trying to get him to do that..really! It just happened...and I have it on video- WOW! Here are a few photos of the little man-
Here's how we found Carter the other night after laying him down to change his diaper. he fell asleep amonst all the chaos and noice in the house! So cute!
Parker talking to Carter...love this picture!
I'm picking my head up on my belly really well- can't hold it there long but I keep trying!
The Thinkers Pose- we find him this way alot...hhhmmm...
Now- onto my "big baby!" I can't believe Parker is turning 2 already! He is becomming such a big boy. REcently he's been into reading Dennis's hockey magazines, playing with playdough (which we can actually play with now since most of it isn't going into his mouth!), coloring, LOVES playing outside, playing any sport- basketball, hockey, baseball, soccer, and football, and is really into BARNEY. He watches a snipit of a Barney video usually every night before he goes to bed. He sings the I LOVE YOU song and Mr. Sun song, sings his ABC's with us (or approximations of the letters at least!), and most recently has been singing Old McDonald (at least the E-I-E-I-O part! He loves to sing!
His language has really picked up as well since he got the tubes. He has several spontaneous words (most revolvin around sports again...) such as hockey, goal, ball, Mommy, Daddy, No, Please, yes, uh-oh, oh-no, oh-man, mine, and I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. He has started to make animal sounds when asked and does really well with cat, horse, cow, and we're working on the rest! He'll only do it when he wants though! He imitates alot of words but you have to ask him to say them first...then he'll do it. We're working on more spontaneous word prodcutions for his wants/needs. this would eliminate a lot of frustrations in our household!
He loves anything that has to do with sports and even watches Hockey with Dennis on TV. Not exactly the best thing for him but it's usually a bit on the weekends or a little here and there before bed. He is jumping really well and even galloping around the house! He's never had any issues with his gross motor skills! We go for his 2 year check up next friday so we'll know then how much he weighs and how much he's grown. If you ask me probably not much in the weight department but I know he's growing taller cause h can reach more drawers and the doorknobs now!
Here are a few recent pictures of my little man!!
Parker reading his hockey magazine! He loves this!! I've gone to pick him up at the sitters lately and she'll be pushing him in the wagon and he's reading his magazine! Too cute!
Parker and Carter with Daddy- Parker actually smiled when I asked him too- too bad Carter was hungry and trying to eat Daddy's arm :)
Big Boy- love this bath towel!! My little puppy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment