I had another appt with maternal fetal medicine friday and it was supposed to just be for a non stress test and biophysical profile. I went by myself since the appt was later and usually these are pretty quick now and somewhat boring for Dennis since he just sits there and watches me push a button every time the baby moves! I got there and they were doing my biophysical profile and after about 20 minutes of US the technician came back in and said they wanted to do growth measurements today as well. I of course asked her if there was a reason they wanted to do them today (since they were schedule for next week) and she said now they'll do them every 21 days insted of 28! Interesting... She told me last time his belly was measuring small on the US (which I knew he was measuring small but I didn't know in particular it was his belly). I of course asked why that could be and she said most of the time it's because the placenta isn't working properly. This would be another reason why they're doing all these tests 2x/week and listening to the umbilical cord by doppler 1x/week- to make sure he's receiving all the nutrients from the placenta correctly! So- they did the measurements (as I was praying the entire time that he is growing properly and there would be no bad mews!) and she said the estimate today was 5lb 5oz!! WOW...if that is true and the US 3 weeks ago was correct (estimated 3lb 5oz) then he would have grown 2 lb in 3 weeks. For some reason this seems a bit off to me but I'm happy his growth is looking better and on target! She said everything looked good. She of course also checked his spine again (which I questioned why they were looking at that again) and she responded that they like to look at the anatomy since they're checking the growth anyways. I'm assuming all was well since the Dr. didn't mention anything about it. So- 1 hour later and many peeks at Parker, they were happy with everything they saw and it was time for the non stress test.
After hooking me up to the monitors and waiting about 20 minutes they decided the machine was broken- it wasn't reading the heart rate at all and they would either have to bring a whole new machine down or just wait until next week. The Dr. decided since the US looked good and I have non stress tests on Tues as well that they would just wait until next week. Parker was moving so nicely friday morning as well!! I made sure to eat grapes before the test since he seems to really enjoy those!! I'm just happy they were satisfied with everything they saw from the US and biophysical profile!
So- 2 more appts next week and hopefully Parker will decide to stay snuggled up inside for another 2 weeks or so and we can make it past Easter! I'm 35 weeks 3 days today so just past Easter would be almost 38 weeks!! Dennis and I are going to install the car seat this weekend so we're ready to bring him home whenever he decides to arrive and I'm going to cook a few more meals to freeze for after the baby is born!! I made 2 last weekend so we have a good start. I feel like at least it's a way to keep my body moving somewhat since I can't work out- I never realized how much I enjoyed working out until they told me not to do it anymore! I really miss it and somehow look forward to running on a treadmill again! Did I just say that:) I might eat my words in a month or so!! Have a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment