He also isn't talking too much yet. He does say "uh-oh" all day long which is so cute! And now he's using it very purposefully. Actually- the other day in the grocery store he of course picked up our cottage cheese, dropped it on the floor, and then said "uh-oh!" IT was all over but I'm just glad he's saying something! Occasionally we think he uses mommy and daddy very purposefully but it's not all the time and it's not totally clear that I'm 100% convinced this is what he's saying. He had a speech eval and of course they recommended therapy but our insurance denied it so now we're trying to appeal. I still believe this has everything to do with his iron deficiency. There are so many articles and so much research out there stating how iron deficiency delays language and cognition but there isn't much we can do at this point. We're still not sure why he has an iron deficiency but we are giving him supplements and they are helping...just not to average ranges yet.
PARKER IS:
- he is giving kisses (sometimes you have to bribe him) but that is the best ever! Doesn't give hugs too well yet but we're working on it!
- he continues to love to throw things in the garbage. We've actually had to get tricky and buy a new garbage can that locks so he doesn't play in it!
- he loves the bathroom! UGH...loves to get the toilet paper and play in the toilet if we're not watching too closely. We tried those toilet locks but that was about a joke so now we just are sure to close the bathroom door!
- he loves to dance. Anytime music is playing he will be shaking his booty! We love to watch him dance!
- he even tries singing. We bought him a play microphone and after I show him he picks it up and tries to do it himself!
- he is mimicking just about everything we do.
- he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to play basketball! We bought him a hoop just his size and it occupies him for a while! He's good too...
- he's into trains. We go to the library occasionally on Fridays since I'm off work early and the other day we were there and he played with the train for at least 15-20 minutes! I was amazed. Nothing usually keeps his attention that long! I think we will be putting a train table on his list for Santa this year!
- He climbs everything! He can now get up onto chairs, tables, the sofa, you name it! He's definitely not safe either so if we're not looking it's hard to tell where he's gotten himself.
-Loves to play peek-a-boo still and hide and seek. He will run in circles all day long if someone is chasing him! He loves to be found and scared...this is something him and daddy or him and Nana do a lot! Kalle likes to chase him too which he finds hilarious!
- he's still biting :( Mostly Dennis and I but boy when he does it's usually a surprise and it hurts like mad! He has gotten Kalle a few times and I noticed it's mostly when he wants something but doesn't have any other way of expressing himself so therefore he bites. I sure hope this phase ends soon!
- he's getting good about getting things when we ask. Definitely his ball, cup, shoes, sometimes a book, certain toys, etc.
- he's sleeping anywhere from 9-10 hours a night and sleeps straight through the night about 50% of the time.
- he is really a good eater unless he's sick which seems to be more often than not currently. He does like broccoli now which I'm super happy about! I need to continue introducing more vegetables too. That is mommies fault! Still his favorites are any chicken, spaghetti, spaghetti pie, avocado, strawberries, yogurt, and loves grilled cheese too. Just recently we've begun milk and cereal with him and he got the hang of that real quickly!
- he is eating with his spoon and fork now but often just says forget it and uses his hands. Easier I guess!
- he also throws his food- a bad habit we're trying to break and most of the time it's when he's finished eating but sometimes he just throws it to do it and thinks it's funny!
-(this one is a little silly but I want to remember him doing this because it is funny!) when we take a bath and likes to lay on his back and belly and thinks he's silly doing it. When he turns to his belly he tries to pass gas and most of the time does and then he laughs and thinks he's so funny!! TOTAL BOY! It is hilarious though and Dennis and I always laugh with him..how could you not! He's also forced a burp before too! GEEZ...we're in trouble!
- he likes to help take things out of the lazy susan and fridge for me. Not always helpful but occupies him so hey...what's the harm!
-he's beginning to actually move his ride on toys. Before he was too short and couldn't really reach but now he can move them forwards! YEAH!
-he throws a ball and holds his hockey stick just like a big boy should! Sometimes we're amazed at how far he really can throw a ball. He's kicking too- what a big boy! Definitely raised by an athlete!
- he's pointing at everything now (which makes mommy VERY HAPPY!) I was a little concerned because he wasn't doing that before but now he points at just about anything! He's also grabbing for our hand if he wants help going up and down stairs, chairs, etc.
-he's really trying harder to communicate with us- he's grunting and reaching/pointing a lot more and lets us know if I grab the wrong item! We're trying to encourage those words but for now he's satisfied with the guessing game as long as mommy and daddy guess right!
Here he is shooting hoops!
No comments:
Post a Comment