Dennis and I found out in July that we are expecting again and Parker is going to be a BIG BROTHER! The baby is due March 23, 2011 (the very first US said March 26 so we'll see!) almost exactly 1 month before Parker's 2nd birthday! They kids will be 23 months apart considering all goes well with this pregnancy! There have been complications already so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that the rest of pregnancy goes smoothly! This really is a blessing that we are going to bring another child into this world and our family. We weren't really sure if we could conceive again and if we could how long it would take for that to happen. Well- obviously my body is working appropriately now that the endometriosis is gone and things seem to be in order :) We couldn't be more excited. It is definitely different this time around with a 16 month old at home running around. I used to love football Saturday/Sundays because I would nap in between watching games. Now...that is a whole different story! If I'm napping it's with Parker lying on me ...if I'm lucky!
Just like the last pregnancy I will be followed closely by my OB and Maternal Fetal Medicine. I have been to MFM already for a US and first trimester screening. The screening came back within normal limits which is great news and I will go back to see them Oct. 5th for another US to check my cervical length and every 2 weeks thereafter just to be sure my cervix isn't shortening or thinning prematurely. That always worries me- especially with the work I do. I'm constantly lifting kids, carrying kids/equipment, and it's so hard for me to "take things easy!" How do you do that as a pediatric physical therapist? I guess I'll have to learn how to treat from a stool!
We will keep you posted on how things are going with the pregnancy!
Big Brother To Be !
Here is baby #2 at 12 weeks exactly! HR was 175 (it was 132 at our first US at 7 1/2 wks and 173 at 10 1/2 wk US). It was so fun to see him/her moving around and kicking their legs! I still find it amazing every time I see an US! To think the baby is only about the sixe of a plum right now and you can see the bones starting to form, his/her arms and legs, fingers, etc.! You could even see structures in the brain forming! WOW! It is truly a miraculous thing to witness!
No comments:
Post a Comment